Transfer news: Southampton's Dejan Lovren happy to have turned down Chelsea

Posted by Unknown on 7:38 AM with No comments
Transfer news: Southampton's Dejan Lovren happy to have turned down Chelsea

Transfer news: Southampton's Dejan Lovren happy to have turned down Chelsea

Southampton defender Dejan Lovren believes he created the proper call is snubbing a switch to Chelsea back in 2009.

The Blues expressed associate interest within the Hrvatska international throughout Carlo Ancelotti's reign at Stamford Bridge.

Had Lovren haunted their provide, he would have gone on to land major honours in European nation and in Europe.

The 24-year-old opted to sign for city, though, and believes regular soccer in France - instead of time spent on the bench in London - has helped to create him a player Southampton were ready to pay £8.5million on over the summer.

Ahead of a gathering with Chelsea on Sunday, Lovren told The Sun: "It was my call. i believed it would are easier on behalf of me to play at city at that point.

"Chelsea had John Terry, economic expert Carvalho and Alex. i used to be solely twenty years previous.

"I took the prospect as a result of I wished to enhance myself. i feel it had been the proper call and it's puzzled out well.

"If I signed for Chelsea, perhaps i'd have Saturday on the bench. What would be the point?"

Lovren has affected since taking up a Premier League challenge at St Mary's and is delighted to be in surroundings wherever he's appreciated and revered.

He accessorial on his time in Ligue 1: "I took lots of red cards and was obtaining goddamn for everything. I got lots of unhealthy press at the start for my transfer fee. it had been a troublesome time on behalf of me.

"It was one in every of the explanations I wished to depart.

"I was a similar player in France however i'm currently showing my quality and proving i used to be not therefore unhealthy there. i feel i'm a similar player however with additional expertise.

"I just like the Premier League and also the form of play. i favor the referees as you'll tackle and solely receive a yellow card. For a similar tackle in France i'd have gotten 3 years in jail."
Transfer,news:,Southampton's,Dejan,Lovren,happy,to,have,turned,down,Chelsea,
Categories: